The Development Manager is a part-time (20-25 hours), non-exempt position with partial benefits. This position is responsible for working with the management team to achieve the annual fundraising goals for Connolly Ranch Education Center. This exciting position comes at a time of great growth for the organization, and the Development Manager will need to increase and diversify support through special event coordination, donor relations, grant management and fundraising campaigns.
- Lead a comprehensive and diversified fund development strategy to sustain and grow revenue for Connolly Ranch
- Leadership of events, especially our annual Dinner at the Ranch; planning, sponsorships, securing live and silent auction lots, communication and outreach
- Oversight of grant proposal writing, reports, deadlines, requirements and acknowledgments. (Assistance with grant proposals, reports and other writing requiring scientific knowledge can be provided.)
- Establish a donor recognition and stewardship program
- Develop a comprehensive fundraising plan to grow a diverse fundraising strategy; special events, individual and major gifts, specific campaigns, annual giving, grants, corporate and foundation giving.
- Lead capital campaigns and Legacy Fund efforts with support of the Board of Directors
- Build a sustainable major gift-focused fundraising program; Identify, cultivate and secure gifts for both programmatic and general operating support from individuals and corporations with assistance from the Board of Directors, Executive Director, and other relevant parties
- Secure sponsorship for fundraising events including the annual Dinner at the Ranch
- Provide clear, timely reporting on progress to the Executive Director and board committees
- Collaborate with marketing, management and program team to identify new revenue opportunities and increase revenue beyond specific Development fundraising goals
- Maintain knowledge of best practices in nonprofit fundraising; establish, oversee, and ensure compliance with policies and procedures for internal accounting, disclosure requirements, tax law and other IRS rulings as they relate to charitable giving and donor accountability
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Five (5) years minimum broad fundraising experience and BA degree preferred experience in non-profit fund development, marketing, and/or communications
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of all aspects of nonprofit fundraising techniques and strategies
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a self-starter able to prioritize in complex situations
- Ability to inspire others
- Excellent public speaking, writing and editing capabilities required
- Expertise in Microsoft WORD, Excel, and with fundraising software and database management
- Strong affinity or experience in farm-based education, sustainability, environmental stewardship, garden-based and farm-to-table education preferred, but not required
- Significant experience using / implementing fundraising databases and donor management systems
20-25 average hours per week, increased hours during special events. Some night and weekend work required. Hourly compensation for this position is $22-25 per hour based on experience. Some part-time benefits.
Please send a cover letter, resume and completed application to email@example.com. Please put “Development Manager” in the subject line.
Closing date March 23, 2015. Please no phone calls or faxed submissions.